Will support more implementation of other development language in the future?

(daijiale) #1

This is a very potential direction for IoT , will ioFog support more implementation of other development language in the future? Sometimes we may need higher performance requirements for Arm Framework

(Kilton Hopkins) #2

Yes - we intend to continue adding SDKs for all languages, but you are also already able to deploy microservices for the edge that contain any code… so that includes low-level code if you want. Although you will lose some portability, you can even use ioFog to deploy microservices that are compiled against a particular processor. For those microservices, you can set a flag on deployment (using Controller) that runs the microservice in a privileged mode and merges the container with the host OS.

What languages do you want to work with next?

(daijiale) #4

Thanks for your warming reply ,my project’s server is based on golang and client is base on javascript . I had found your muti-SDK from your github repo , I will follow your document and have a try ! :smile:

(Kilton Hopkins) #5

Ok - excellent. You can find the Golang SDK here:

And the JavaScript (Node.js) SDK here:

Please post back here on the forum if you need some assistance with using the SDKs or if you want to show the rest of the ioFog community how to do a few tricks!